Training for Transition
August 15th - 16th, 2009
Jackson Wellsprings, Ashland
Supporting the important work of Gaia U associates and others in addressing solutions to global challenges of peak oil, climate change, uncertain global finances, and exponential population growth, the Thrivability Institute will offer the potent 2-day workshop, “Training 4 Transition,” as a public-accessible course ahead of the Gaia U Orientation program of August, 2009.
Focusing on developing local resilience, the course is based on the original Transition Town (TT) model which has moved from its embryonic stages in Totnes, UK to the global movement that is now spreading throughout the world.
At the end of this course participants can expect to:
· have a clear understanding of the context for transition
towns, the current global situation and the transformational
possibilities that arise from climate change and peak oil and
· know what the TT model is – Including an in depth look at
the key 12 ingredients that lead from inspiration, setting up
the initiating group, all the way to having active and effective
· have experienced a joint visioning process
· understand how to organize effective meetings such as public
talks, open space days and small theme working groups
· understand the purpose and principles of an Energy Descent
· have the outline of an effective and inspiring talk on
· have formed useful contacts with other Transition initiatives,
and met some of those involved in the Transition Network
· have a plan of action for themselves and their locality
This pilot offering will take place Aug 15-16th just prior to the Ashland, Oregon orientation.
To register, please contact Shaktari Belew: Shaktari at HonoringAllLife.org
To learn more about the training see TransitionUS.org .
- Jackson Wellsprings, Ashland Oregon
- $200 Early Bird Special, if registered prior to July 15, 2009
- $250 if registered after July 15, 2009